Apr 20, 2018
Start making the impact you crave on Instagram...
because we all know it's the best platform!
In this ep, I share a handful of surprisingly simple tips to help
you uplevel your content, increase your engagement, and just have
more fun with the whole thing.
The key takeaways:
YOUR INSTAGRAM BIO
- Make sure your profile picture is YOUR picture. Nobody falls in
love with a logo.
- Be specific about what you do, who you do it for and how you do
it. If I stumble onto your Instagram profile, I want to know
instantly if it’s worth my while to follow you. I don’t want to
enjoy your vague and whimsical naval gazing. Save that for
- Take full advantage of your link space (I use Linktr.ee).
- Curate the images you share. Don’t show us dark and grainy
crap. Every image should be enough to force us to stop the
- Look at your grid as a whole and define your signature style,
your signature subject(s) and even your signature filters.
- Dream up DIFFERENT ways to share your story, values and
messaging (I have a free Instagram planner filled with all the
prompts and all the inspo here).
- Use a scheduling tool so that you can play around with how your
grid looks (I use Planoly – free for up to
30 images a month, which is all you really need).
- Opt for long-form captions. The aim is to keep people on your
images for as long as possible.
- Break up those long captions with line breaks and emojis to
keep the eyes moving.
- Plan out your posts (even if it’s just a week at a time) so
there’s some cohesiveness to your channel.
- Put your hashtags IN THE CAPTION, not in the first
- Respond to everyone who leaves a comment on your posts – aim
for comments of 4 words or more.
- Challenge yourself to like and comment on a handful of other
people’s posts every day. Instagram is a social platform, not a
- Instagram Stories are your opportunity to get really creative.
Just have fun with them!
- Check out the link round-up below for endless inspiration.
Join me on
Sign up for my weekly (ish) jolts of genius
For the full show notes, including all the links mentioned in
this episode, go here >> http://dairepaddy.com/episode33
If you enjoyed this episode I'd love it if you
a) Share your favourite moment, takeaway, or place to listen in
your Instagram Stories, tagging me (@dairecharlotte)
b) Hop over to iTunes and leave me an honest review.