Jan 14, 2019
Overwhelmed, stressed and frustrated with your content
system? You're not alone.
In this ep, I'm sharing 5 of the most common mistakes I see people
make in their content plans, and how to fix them. Quickly.
The big mistakes:
- Overcomplicating the planning system itself.
- Focusing on all of the platforms and all of the
- Planning in silos.
- Panicking about using up all the ideas.
- Failing to plan for the action
Try this instead:
- Go back to basics and use a simple spreadsheet to plan out all
of your content. You’ll find a link to (a free) one I made earlier
- Pick ONE form of content as your focus (i.e. a podcast, a blog,
a video show, etc) and ONE platform where you’ll show up and
connect (Instagram, Facebook groups, LinkedIn, etc).
- If you want to try out a system or strategy created by someone
you admire, GREAT. Go for it. But limit yourself to one at a
- Give yourself a good talking to and remind yourself that you
don’t need to use the ideas as they hit you. Instead, stash them
somewhere safe for next time you sit down to plan your content
(such as the “ideas” tab in my content planning template, for
- After putting together your fabulous content plan, head to your
calendar and block out chunks of time to actually create all of
those things in your plan.
Join me on
Sign up for my weekly (ish) jolts of genius
For the full show notes, including all the links mentioned in
this episode, go here >> http://dairepaddy.com/episode66
If you enjoyed this episode I'd love it if you
a) Share your favourite moment, takeaway, or place to listen in
your Instagram Stories, tagging me (@dairecharlotte)
b) Hop over to iTunes and leave me an honest review.