May 18, 2018
Create the hard edges that allow your brain to do its
best work... a.k.a. set up super strict boundaries and watch the
The key takeaways:
5 boundary lines that make ALL the
- Working hours. Including break times.
- Project scope, set deliverable, and the zone of genius you will
not waver from.
- Pricing. Don’t wiggle. If someone wants to pay less they get
- Channels of communications. Not every platform has to be a
- Timelines – what are your turnaround times and when do require
input from others?
Tips for keeping those boundaries in place:
- Define them. List them all out and make them accessible for
everyone, whether that’s in an autoresponder, a client agreement or
a simple email.
- Stick to them yourself (others will take cues from your
behaviour, remember that).
- If you really, truly can’t stay out of your inbox outside of
working hours, check out Boomerang.
- Create scripts that handle each type of boundary cross, so that
you can easily, stresslessly deal with those less than ideal
- Always be transparent with what you think and what you need.
Difficult conversations get way more difficult when you put them
Join me on
Sign up for my weekly (ish) jolts of genius
For the full show notes, including all the links mentioned in
this episode, go here >> http://dairepaddy.com/episode36
If you enjoyed this episode I'd love it if you
a) Share your favourite moment, takeaway, or place to listen in
your Instagram Stories, tagging me (@dairecharlotte)
b) Hop over to iTunes and leave me an honest review.